Administration & Communications Co-ordinator (part-time, 15 hours a week)
Closing Date 23rd September, Interviews 1st October
WSA is a community development organisation that has built its reputation on substantial expertise, experience and knowledge in the fields of community engagement, social inclusion, participation and empowerment.
This role offers the opportunity to actively engage with different communities to make a positive difference, putting them at the heart of their own development to achieve positive change. We work by empowering communities; joining the dots to share learning between the projects we work on and a range of stakeholders, bringing our own learning, knowledge and experience.
We make a constructive change and take everyone with us to live our values of inclusivity and accessibility, supporting all to participate.
For more information about us please see our annual report or website www.wsacommunity.co.uk
We are looking for an experienced administrator to fulfil a vital role in our small team on a part time basis. We need someone who is:
- Experienced with at least two years in an administrative role
- Confident in using Microsoft IT systems including SharePoint
- Has proven experience in delivering effective administration and support in a professional environment
- Has excellent organisational skills, is reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Is a self-starter and able to systematically organise a busy workload with full attention to detail
- Is a genuine people person and a great communicator. This role will include communicating with a range of people and we are looking to appoint someone who is confident in both written and oral communication and would enjoy working with the diverse community groups we work with
- Can be flexible, able to work on their own or as part of a team as required and can react to the demands of new contracts and changing workloads
- Contributes to the open team ethos and feeds in ideas and strategies to help us better meet our vision
About the role
This is primarily a support and organisational role working as part of a busy team. Key tasks are likely to include:
- Developing effective systems for project and office management including clear and organised electronic filing systems and record keeping.
- PA to the director
- Leading on processes and systems to make the team more efficient.
- Organising events and training including all administration and organisation, liaison with participants and attending some events and training to welcome participants, manage registration and support the delivery team including taking notes / report writing
- Administration and team support (including some minuting)
- Coordinating communications across the team including with our range of partners and associates who work on different projects, being responsible for all internal communications.
- Financial record keeping including drafting invoices, reconciling contractor costs, managing team expenses, VAT return preparations
- Supporting a system migration from Dropbox to SharePoint
- Desk-based research
- Database input
- Managing mailchimp and regular newsletter scheduling
- Ensuring GDPR obligations are met
Salary: £20 to £25k pro rata depending on experience, Hours: 15 per week to include a Tuesday when the team is based together. We will be as flexible as we can to accommodate needs around hours and other commitments. In return you would need to work flexibly between two north London locations.
Please send a CV and brief covering letter (no more than one side), addressing how you meet the above criteria, to Vicky Daborn Tedder at email@example.com