Project and Events Support Officer (part-time 2 days a week)
WSA is an organisation that has built its reputation on substantial expertise, experience and knowledge in the fields of community development, social inclusion, participation and empowerment.
We actively engage with different communities to make a positive difference, putting them at the heart of their own development. We work by empowering communities; joining the dots to share learning between the projects we work on, bringing our own learning, knowledge and experience. We want to make a constructive change and believe we have to take everyone with us to do that and so make a point of being inclusive and accessible, supporting all to participate. For more information about us please see our annual report or website www.wsacommunity.co.uk
Due to our current workload of diverse projects, we are seeking to temporarily expand our team with this four month part-time (2 day a week) post from September to December 2019.
About the role
This is primarily a support and organisational role working as part of a small team. Key tasks are likely to include:
- Organising events and training including all administration and organisation, liaison with participants and attending some events and training to welcome participants, manage registration and support the delivery team including taking notes / report writing
- Administration and team support (including some minuting of workshops and meetings)
- Developing effective systems for project and office management including supporting a system migration from Dropbox to SharePoint
- Coordinating communications across the team including with our range of partners and associates who work on different projects, having a clear support role on internal communications.
- Desk-based research
- Database input
We would like to work with someone who:
- Is confident in using Microsoft IT systems including SharePoint
- Has proven experience delivering effective administration and support in a professional environment
- Has excellent organisational skills, is reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Is a genuine people person and would enjoy face to face work with the diverse groups we work with.
- Is flexible, able to work on their own or as part of a team as required and can react to the demands of new contracts and changing workloads.
Salary: £20 to £22k pro rata depending on experience, Hours: 15 per week ideally to include a Tuesday when the team is based together.
Please send a CV and brief covering letter (no more than one side), addressing how you meet the above criteria, to Vicky Daborn Tedder at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal chat about the role feel free to call Vicky (07572 028 002) or Wendy (07932 730477)
Deadline: Monday 26th August 2019 at midday.
Interviews: Thursday 29th August 2019
Start date: ASAP